Senior Scientist – R&D
IRPI has a position open for a highly qualified Senior Scientist or Senior Research Engineer with a passion for developing new technologies that solve real world problems.
Candidate qualifications include:
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science
- Post-PhD experience related to advanced technology development
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: fluid/thermal systems, material science, data processing, machine learning/AI, space technologies, biological fluidics, or applied microfluidics
- Experience writing proposals that have been funded, or playing a key role in contributing to funded proposals
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
The Senior Scientist/Research Engineer will work with a Principal Investigator to expand current efforts and develop new avenues of research.
- MS with significant research experience
- PhD with proposal writing experience
- US citizenship required
- Some travel may be required
Compensation, Benefits, & Location
IRPI offers medical, dental, and retirement benefits as well as generous paid time off. Salaries are competitive and based on education and experience. You will be working out of the Wilsonville, OR office. This is not a remote work job.
Send a current resume/CV that and writing/publication samples highlighting your work.
Please send resume + (optional) cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org OR include both with any LinkedIn/third-party submission. Hiring will be rolling until filled. Due to the large volume of applicants we will only be responding to potential candidates, typically within two weeks of receiving an application.
IRPI is a small research, development, and engineering company that specializes in advanced space exploration technologies. We work primarily with aerospace customers including NASA, private space companies, and aerospace contractors. Our culture is innovative, flexible, versatile, fast-paced, and demanding.
IRPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.